Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Operation Christmas Child

Christmas seems to be a time of year that revolves around a lot of "I want, I want, I want." This can be fun and I actually really love to be able to give - especially to my kids because I get to see the pure joy in their faces when they open their presents.

Obviously, it is very important to make sure they understand how blessed they are and the joy of giving to others. This year we participated in Operation Christmas Child through our church. Louie help me shop for items for a child in dire need. We were able to talk about how the gifts they do get are mostly needs and not wants. We mainly bought school supplies (as recommended) and threw in some smaller toys for fun!

Louie was excited to bring his gifts into church to be mailed with the other 130 boxes collected, and was even more thrilled when he received a certificate for his participation in the program tonight in the mail. I really hope actives like these ensure that he will have a giving heart!

No comments: