Beau will be three years old next month! I called him my baby last week and he quickly glared my way and said, "I am not a talking baby, I am a kid." He loves to spell his name, draw tiny little pictures/scribbles and hear about how great it looks, play hide and seek, build forts (he calls them hideouts), tell stories, read, play one computer game, pick up his brother from school, and go to the gym.
He is eager to socialize more and asks for his friends. When he is unhappy with me he says that he is going to "tell his friends." He is social but still does not like to respond on command. He will talk to store clerks with ease, but if we go into an office where I know people and would hope that he would answer their questions he is shy.
He is continuing to love helicopters and airplanes. Keith takes him to the airport almost weekly. He has not been in an airplane since he was 18 months old but he sure thinks that is where he wants to be! A couple of weeks ago we went after church to catch a glimpse of an old B17 Flying Fortress and were able to watch two Marine Helicopters take off.
Beau is beginning to have more of an imagination and is becoming a story teller. Examples: He went for a walk and saw an alligator that stopped to poop. A blue helicopter flew to his house and picked him up for a ride. Last time he rode his bike he rode alongside a panda bear who was black and white and eating sticks. He goes to school and every other child we see in public is in his class. He is on a soccer team that plays in Phoenix. He played with a crow at the beach last night.
He knows he has a birthday coming up and is very excited - mainly because Louie is. I asked him what kind of cake he wanted and he said a snowman cake. I have no idea where the thought of a snowman came from? I asked him again the next day and without hesitation he said a snowman cake. So, stay tuned for a picture of a snowman cake in June! One day he was talking about how he was going to be three but seemed a little worried about it because Grandma told him she wanted him to stay two!
Beau hit a point about a month or two ago when Keith and I found ourselves truly amazed that he really has a FULL vocabulary! He talks, and talks, and talks now. He uses words/phrases such as: actually, I would rather, may I please, etc. in full proper sentences.
It know is time for him to do this - time flies!


No comments:
Post a Comment