Monday, August 10, 2009

First Grade

Louie began First Grade today. His teacher is Mrs. Jonovich at Granville Elementary. Surprisingly there are only three other kids from his Kindergarten class in his class this year. So, lots of new friends to make. Not surprisingly his first new friend is a girl, Alden. Louie said he is very excited for first grade because, "My teacher gives out gumballs on special occasions and as first graders we are allowed to go across the big monkey bars at recess."

During meet the teacher night last week I was a bit intimidated by first grade. Mrs. Jonovich's classroom looks like she means business! No more cute character alphabets and smiling flowers on the wall. Where is the play kitchen and puppet house? I know this is a good thing! Mrs. Jonovich seems like she she will do a wonderful job educating Louie, but I also caught her giving him some loves after the first day of school was over and I was stuck in the pick-up line :o).

No comments: