Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Louie Christopher

Louie turned seven on July 25th. For his birthday he asked for a bike and a Cardinals jersey. His favorite surprise gift was a giant coloring book. Louie is into playing with his animals and spends over an hour on each dog house he makes (he makes one every time he can get his hands on a box). He wants to play tackle football in the Fall but Keith and I are not ready for that quite yet. Louie is growing up and beginning to question divorce, babies before marriage, etc. More serious talks around our house with tons more to come! He made Keith and I pinkie swear that we would never get a divorce. That felt like as much of commitment as getting married ten years ago did! He entered second grade and was very excited for another school year to begin. He did not get the teacher he was hoping for, but took the news well. When Louie was asked to explain himself he said, "I am cool. I like to go on the monkey bars on school. I like to run around. I like donuts. I like football." One day Louie did not want to go to school so I was concerned that he was being bullied, but he kept saying that was not an issue. Two days later he came home and told me about how he has to be another boys bodyguard! When I asked him how he is his bodyguard he said, "I just step in front of Kyle to protect him and then tell the bullies "Hey, do you know who I am? I'll chase you!" and then they walk away." Yeah, still seems like he does not have a problem with his confidence. When Louie says his prayers at night he always thanks God for another great day with his family, that he is thankful for his friends, and thankful for the whole entire world that He created. He typically says his prayer with Keith and then puts on his puppy dog eyes to ask me to sing him a song while giving him a back massage! Children often grow out of asthma so this week he was taken off of one of his asthma controls medications and is not doing well today. Coincidence or not is to be determined, but as I listen to the constant coughing echoing through the house I think we may have a long night tonight! Louie continues to be a truly awesome big brother! He is really so sweet and patient with Beau. We are seeing more sibling rivalry, but a lot more good times then bad so far :O). We are so proud of Louie and love our seven year old son (WHAT?) with all our hearts!

1 comment:

The Gerstmann Family said...

What a sweetie! Loving hearing all the cute stories about your boys.