Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Day of School



School is in session! This week Louie entered the third grade and Beau started Kindergarten! Louie has a very sweet teacher who we knew from church, Mrs. MacGregor. This is her first year teaching so I will just pray (as I am sure she will :o)) that she is really ready for the challenge! Beau has Ms. Martinet and is very exited to be in her room because she has turtles.




After school each day the boys are excited to tell me about their behavior that day, and how they stayed on green. Beau also likes to give me the details of the kids who did not stay on green; like the boy who stabbed him with a staple off of the floor.




Beau acts very excited about Kindergarten and always has a smile on his face. With that said, his comments are, "The day is kind of long. The teacher talks to much. There is not much to do. They are not even teaching us how to read." So, the year is off to a slow start for him, but I am sure his expectations will be met over time.





Louie was so excited to find an AZ Cardinals Football Backpack!









Beau insisted on a rolling backpack even though I told him that he may be the only one.








Beau and I at his desk on the first day. Neither of us cried (that morning :o))!


By the way, Beau's new/much shorter haircut was courtesy of himself.

He decided to trim his hair two days before school began.

No comments: