Wow - the Mr. Big situation turned into quite the sad/stressful situation. Overall, we loved him and think he will be an unbelievably awesome dog with the right family. He is a gentle giant (in his own way) but because of his size he can really cannot play with our kids soft enough and when he gets too excited he nibbles on the kids and freaks them out! There were tears happening all to often :@(. Alli was warming up very slowly so I we think she would have learned to love him?
We found two lumps/one on each of his front legs/elbows. After reading and talking with the original owner we discovered that these lumps have grown rapidly and he needs to have an x-ray and biopsy ASAP. The couple we got him from locally left this HUGE detail out when trying to get us to take him - even after I specifically asked! Our reservations and his medical condition combined - we decided to return him to his original owner. We love him but do not know if it is a very wise decision for our family considering all the factors.
:@(((((( Achy hearts in our home today. :@((((((((((((
1 comment:
I'm so sorry it didn't work out. I'm sure it's hard to get even a little bit attached and then have to let him go. Hopefully he'll find a home that's just right for him.
Post a Comment