Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mr. Big

We are thinking of adopting a second dog -Mr. Big and full bread St. Bernard. We met him on Monday, he came to visit us at our house Tuesday, and he is here for a week trial today. You may have just finished saying we are crazy (and maybe we are a little) but besides the typical extra chores of a second dog he is great. He was described as a gentle giant and had proven to be just that. He is a year and half and is trained well. He walks perfectly on a leash. So far he thinks Keith is the master of the house and listens best to him - he will soon learn who the real master is :@).

Mr. Big is very calm and I took these first pictures when he came to visit us. Our dog, Alli, is intimidated and keeps her distance. Mr. Big got a bit rambunctious with her last night and she barked and ran across the coach like a rabbit would run from a coyote. She is scared to be left alone with him and even tried to sleep on our bed last night. Alli is nine years old and he may be too much for her to handle so this is one of the main reason we are on a trial basis with the adoption.

The boys are thrilled - they love to cuddle with Mr. Big. I heard Louie having a very serious talk with Mr. Big and Alli this morning explaining to them that they need to be friends so Mr. Big can stay with us.

We are not sure if we will keep his name. Keith likes Biggy Smalls Crabtree. If you have suggestions please them our way.

1 comment:

Us said...

When I first read the the name I thought, "What a great name!" so I say keep it. :)