Thursday, January 29, 2009

When Will It End?


Typically when you hear the question "When will it end?" it is associated with something negative, but not in this case. Keith and I were talking last night about Louie and were asking questions like the following:

*When will he stop giving his teacher a hug goodbye each day?

*When will he stop watching us drive away and blow kisses and hugs to us until we are out of sight?

*When will he stop thinking his brother is so cute?

*When will he stop saying "this is the best day ever" when we just went to the park?

*When will he stop rubbing our ear lobes?
History on this one - I nursed Louie until he was 21 months old. When I stopped he found comfort in rubbing my ear lobe. He kind of used it as a sign of affection - he would rub babies ear lobes and all of his close families. To this day when I put him to sleep and have earrings on he nicely asks me to remove one of them. Beau went through a little phase where he was trying this out just because he thought it must be the thing to do (Louie would rub his ear lobes during morning cuddles) but like most of us he did not get it?
Anyway, I am sure we could think of more questions like the above but these made us emotional enough for now!

2 comments:

Us said...

Stop! You're going to make me cry. We've got to hug our babies as much as we can right now. We are so blessed! Loved this post, Rainee!

The Gerstmann Family said...

Too late - I already got teary eyed reading this! You have such sweet boys Rainee :)